Monday, May 30, 2005

MRTG 2.12.1 broke my graphs :(

I've been using MRTG to do network usage graphing for a long time and it's been a great, basic, free tool. But I recently upgraded to v2.12.1 and it appears to have broken some of my graphs :(

Usually I have the 2Mbit/s Frame Relay interfaces (on our WAN routers) set up to be unscaled, so that they top out at 2Mbit/s, which makes visualising the usage very easy. While the LAN interfaces I had scaled, so that the max of 6Mbit/s of traffic wouldn't dissapear into the 100Mbit/s of graph.

Now MRTG has decided to scale all the graphs and has got the max wrong for the LAN interfaces... so my pretty graphs are messed up... Threw the problem onto the MRTG list, I'll see what happens.

On the plus side, MRTG now support logrithmic scaled graphs, so small nuances in traffic don't get lost amongst the spikes! YAY! Time to update some of my configs.

No comments: